Thursday, May 31, 2018

Macarons #2

Barely used Ed Kimber - just recipe. The sugar syrup was VERY well controlled this time. Started whipping the whites slightly too early but all the same the Italian meringue was gorgeous. I think I then over-whipped it all when I added the colour. In future, mix in the colour by hand if the meringue's already looking really stiff. Macaronage was weird this time - it looked grainier for longer, and even well after 50 stirs it was still very stiff. So the first two trays have nipples but the last tray didn't - so again, possibly an indicator that I just needed to keep going. Started at 160, first lot came out good but washed out colour wise and a tad brown on a couple. Went down to 150 and only went for about 10.5 mins. I think 11 would be perfect. The last tray was in for about 10.5 min but did odd things in the oven: some lopsidedness and one macaron cracked, several stuck to the paper but that may have been my impatience. They look really pretty: pale pink so harder colour to nail!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...